Last Modified: August 1, 2016
By using the Site, users consent to collection, use, and disclosure of information, including Personal Information (defined below), as described in this Policy. Use of the Site is subject to this Policy and Sun Mountain’s Terms and Conditions (see below).
Sun Mountain may collect information directly from users, automatically through use of the Site, and from third parties. The Company may combine all of the information collected about users from these various sources.
- Information collected directly from users. Depending on how users use the Site, users may provide Sun Mountain with certain information that can identify the user (such as name, business name, type of customer, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, mobile phone number, etc.—collectively, “Personal Information”). Sun Mountain will also collect any other information that users choose to provide through the Site (such as contents of messages sent to Sun Mountain through the Site).
- Content users provide. Users may enter comments or reviews, or ask questions on the Site (“Content”). If users post Content on the Site, the Content may be available to all visitors to the Site, and Sun Mountain cannot prevent such Content or information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, Sun Mountain’s Terms and Conditions, the law, or the user’s personal privacy.
- Information collected about users from third parties. Sun Mountain may collect information about users from third parties. For example, the Company may collect demographic information from public sources, and from third-party data and analytics companies.
- Information collected automatically through use of the Site. Sun Mountain may automatically collect information about users of the Site and quote requests from users, including, but not limited to, the user’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; the type of web browser the user is using; the website that led the user to the Site; the website the user goes to after leaving the Site; the pages the user views on the Site; the dates and times the user accesses the Site; the length of time the user stays on the Site; and information about any quote requests the user makes, such as items requested and the delivery location for the items.
How Information is Used
Sun Mountain may use user’s information, including Personal Information and/or Content, for the following purposes:
- Providing quotes and support to users. To provide services to facilitate quotes; to respond to user’s questions or requests; to provide users with news or other information Sun Mountain thinks may interest users; to communicate with the user about quote requests, use of the Site, or for other informational purposes; to improve the Company’s services; and for other customer support-related purposes.
- Marketing and advertising. To provide users with special offers, product information and other marketing or promotional communications from Sun Mountain or from other third parties. Sun Mountain may provide marketing or advertising to users in a variety of ways, including through the Site, via e-mail, or on other third-party websites (for example, using Google Customer Match or Facebook Ads). See the Online advertising and User choices sections below for more information.
- Research and analytics. To analyze how customers use the Site, services and products; to analyze how customers interact with marketing or other communications sent to them; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Protecting rights and interests. To investigate, protect, or defend the rights, safety, or property of Sun Mountain, its customers, or the public; to investigate or enforce perceived violations of Sun Mountain’s Terms and Conditions or this Policy; as evidence in litigation in which the Company is involved; and for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes.
- Legal compliance. To comply with laws, regulations, legal process (such as a warrant or subpoena) or guidance; and to respond to governmental requests (such as informal requests from a regulator).
How Information is Shared
Sun Mountain may share user information, including Personal Information and/or Content, with the following types of third parties:
- Service providers. Sun Mountain may share user information with third-party service providers, vendors, agents, contractors, or others who perform functions on behalf of the Company. For example, Sun Mountain may use service providers to process quote requests, deliver items, send mail, or send e-mails. Sun Mountain will obtain consent for such sharing with service providers where legally required.
- Corporate affiliates. Sun Mountain may share user information with any current or future parent company, affiliate, or subsidiary. Such corporate affiliates may use user information for various purposes, which may include marketing purposes.
- Other unaffiliated third parties. As noted above, Sun Mountain may send users marketing offers on behalf of third parties. Sun Mountain may also share user information directly with third parties, including so these third parties may send users marketing offers directly. The information that Sun Mountain shares with third parties may include, without limitation, user’s e-mail address, address, shipping location, and quote request information.
Sun Mountain may also share user’s information, including Personal Information and/or Content, in the following contexts:
- Protecting rights and interests. Sun Mountain may share user information to investigate, protect or defend the rights, safety or property of Sun Mountain, customers, or the public; to investigate or enforce perceived violations of Sun Mountain’s Terms and Conditions or this Policy; as evidence in litigation in which the Company is involved; and for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes.
- Sale or acquisition of assets. Sun Mountain may share user’s information if the Company becomes involved in a transaction involving the sale of its assets, such as a merger or acquisition, if the Company is transferred to another company, in the event of a bankruptcy, or as part of any other business transfer. If the surviving entity in such a transaction is not Sun Mountain, the surviving entity may use user’s information pursuant to its privacy policies, which may be different from this Policy.
- Legal compliance. Sun Mountain may share user’s information to comply with laws, regulations, legal process (such as a warrant or subpoena) or guidance; and to respond to governmental requests (such as informal requests from a regulator).
- Aggregate or anonymous information. Sun Mountain may share anonymous or aggregate information about users to third parties. For example, the Company may share anonymous or aggregate information to inform a third party’s decision on whether to place advertisements on the Sun Mountain Site or on other websites. These companies may use such information about user’s visits to the Site and other websites to provide advertisements on the Site and other websites.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Sun Mountain may automatically collect information about users through the use of common information-gathering tools, as well as new tracking technologies that develop as technology evolves. The tools that Sun Mountain or its service providers may use to track users include the following:
- Web beacons/clear GIFs. Clear graphics interchange format images (“GIFs”) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are embedded invisibly on web pages or in e-mails. Sun Mountain or its service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags) in connection with its Site to track the activities of visitors to the Site, help the Company manage content, and compile statistics about usage of the Site. Sun Mountain or its service providers may also use clear GIFs in e-mails to users, to help the Company track e-mail response rates, identify when e-mails are viewed, and track whether e-mails are forwarded.
- LSOs. Sun Mountain may also use local storage objects (“LSOs”) to store user’s Site preferences and to personalize user’s visits. LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, users cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of LSOs through web browsers. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage settings for Flash LSOs, please click here.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
The Site does not respond to “do not track signals” (such as the Mozilla Firefox Do Not Track feature), though users may be able to disable certain tracking as discussed above (such as by disabling cookies). There is still no universally accepted standard regarding tracking, but for more information about do not track signals, please click here.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party advertising networks. For example, users may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. Users may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt users out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or advertisements, but it does not mean users will no longer receive any advertising through Sun Mountain’s Site or on other websites. Please note that even if users opt out, users may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website being viewed (meaning, contextually based ads). Also, if user’s browsers are configured to reject cookies when opting out on the DAA or NAI websites, the opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
- Account information. If users ever wish to access Personal Information, update Personal Information or cancel accounts, as applicable, users should contact Sun Mountain at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact information below. Please note that Sun Mountain may maintain copies of user information and Content even after users have updated the information or canceled accounts.
- Communications from Sun Mountain. Sun Mountain may send periodic promotional or informational e-mails to users about the Company, and other third-party information and offers. In the event users do not wish to receive such e-mails from Sun Mountain, users may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained within the body of any e-mail message received, or by e-mailing the Company at email@example.com and requesting to no longer receive communications. It may take Sun Mountain up to ten (10) business days to process the opt out request. Even if users have opted out of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from Sun Mountain, the Company may still send transactional e-mails, such as e-mails about user’s accounts, as applicable, or the services users have requested.
- Communications from third parties. Users may also opt out of Sun Mountain sharing user’s information with third parties for marketing purposes on a going forward basis by e-mailing the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that once Sun Mountain has shared user’s information with a third party, such information is subject to that third party’s privacy policies and practices.
- Online advertising. See the Online advertising section for more information about user’s choices regarding online interest-based advertising.
California Privacy Rights
If a user is a California resident, the user may request a list of certain third parties to which Sun Mountain has disclosed “personal information,” as defined in California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83), about the user for the Company’s own direct marketing purposes. Users may make one (1) request per calendar year. In the request, the user should affirm residency in California and provide a current California address for response. Users may request this information in writing by contacting Sun Mountain at email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for response.
Sun Mountain’s Site is not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age and the Company does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If Sun Mountain discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under 13, the Company will promptly take measures to delete that Personal Information from its systems.
Sun Mountain’s Site may contain links to other websites. User’s use of an external website is subject to and governed by the terms and policies of that website. Sun Mountain is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. The Company encourages users to read the privacy statements of each website visited.
Sun Mountain has taken steps to protect user’s information. For example, the Company limits internal access to its servers and has physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards in place designed to protect user’s information. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and Sun Mountain cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through its Site. Sun Mountain cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such information, and users provide such information at the user’s own risk.
Users can also take steps to help protect information. For example, if users have an account, as applicable, with Sun Mountain, users should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to the account by, among other things, choosing a robust password, and keeping the log-in and password private.
Changes to This Policy
This Policy was last updated as of the “Last Modified” date above. Sun Mountain may modify this Policy at any time and will post any updates to the Site. The Company therefore encourages users to review this page frequently for any changes.
Contacting Sun Mountain
For questions or comments about this Policy, please contact Sun Mountain using the information set forth below:
Sun Mountain, Inc.
140 Commerce Drive
Berthoud, CO 80513
970.532.2105 or toll-free at 888.786.6861