Factory pre-finishing is a hallmark of our company. Our pre-finishing experience began over 30 years ago, and our finishes are renowned in the door industry. We offer the highest quality factory-applied stains, glazes, and topcoats—available in 29 color options. Our pre-finishes are “fine furniture” quality, providing much higher quality and lower cost than on-site painting. And our pre-finished products are ready to install, further adding value by reducing time (and scheduling) in the construction process. A summary of our pre-finishing strengths includes:
- A minimum of 30 minutes per door hand-sanding—ensuring grain closure and perfect preparation prior to finishing
- Top quality catalyzed conversion varnish systems (similar to high-end pre-finished cabinets and fine furniture)
- Proprietary stain formulas created specifically for our environment and applied using HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) and air-assisted spray guns—ensuring even tones with no blotchiness
- A “clean room”, dust-free environment not achievable on the jobsite—preventing small dust and dirt particles from settling on the product before drying
- Six-sided coating on doors, providing moisture seal on all sides, preventing warping. Our door warranty increases from one year to five years on our pre-finished options
Our step-by-step process pre-finishing process includes:
- Sanding preparation. A minimum of 30 minutes per door, starting with heavier 150 grain sand paper and working down to finer 180 grain sand paper. This ensures grain closure, required for a furniture quality finish.
- Stain coat. Using our proprietary, solvent based stains.
- Seal coat. Using top quality catalyzed conversion varnish to seal and protect the stained wood.
- Seal sand. Additional sanding to smooth the sealed surface and prepare for final top coat.
- Glaze (completed on Glaze color options only). Hand-wiped, solvent-based glaze to beautifully shadow profiles and edges.
- Top coat. The top coat provides the final finish coat of the wood, again using top quality catalyzed conversion varnish.
Pre-Finished Jambs (Pre-Hung Doors)
If you select pre-hanging for your door, the jamb will be pre-finished matching the pre-finish color you select for your door. The jambs and stop are finished separately, providing for on-site adjustment of the stop without finish touch-up.
Twenty-nine color options are available, shown here in the following palettes:
Glazing beautifully shadows the profiles and edges of the door.
Please note that pre-finish colors illustrated on computer screens may not exactly match the actual pre-finished colors of the doors. We assume no liability for such color discrepancies, and encourage buyers to request color samples to ensure satisfaction.
Pre-finish colors illustrated on computer screens may not exactly match the actual pre-finished colors of the doors.