Factory pre-finishing is a hallmark of our company. Our pre-finishing experience began over 30 years ago, and our finishes are renowned in the door industry. We offer the highest quality factory-applied stains, glazes, and topcoats—available in 29 color options. Our pre-finishes are “fine furniture” quality, providing much higher quality and lower cost than on-site painting. And our pre-finished products are ready to install, further adding value by reducing time and scheduling in the construction process. The advantages of our factory pre-finishing include:
- A minimum of 30 minutes per door hand-sanding—ensuring grain closure and perfect preparation prior to finishing
- Top quality catalyzed conversion varnish systems (similar to high-end pre-finished cabinets and fine furniture)
- Proprietary stain formulas created specifically for our manufacturing environment and applied using HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) and air-assisted spray guns—ensuring even tones with no blotchiness
- A “clean room,” dust-free environment not achievable on the jobsite—preventing small dust and dirt particles from settling on the product before drying
- Six-sided coating on doors, providing moisture seal on all sides, preventing warping, and increasing our door Warranty from one year to five years
Our step-by-step pre-finishing process includes:
- Sanding preparation. A minimum of 30 minutes per door, starting with heavier 150 grain sandpaper and working down to finer 180 grain sandpaper. This ensures grain closure, required for a furniture quality finish.
- Stain coat. Using our proprietary, solvent-based stains.
- Seal coat. Using top quality catalyzed conversion varnish to seal and protect the stained wood.
- Seal sand. Additional sanding to smooth the sealed surface and prepare for final topcoat.
- Glaze (completed on Glaze color options only). Hand-wiped, solvent-based glaze to beautifully shadow profiles and edges.
- Topcoat. Provides the final finish coat of the wood, again using top quality catalyzed conversion varnish.
Pre-Finished Jambs (Pre-Hung Doors)
If you select pre-hanging for your door, the jamb will be pre-finished matching the pre-finish color you select for your door. The jambs and stop are finished separately, providing for on-site adjustment of the stop without finish touch-up.
Twenty-nine color options are available, shown here in the following palettes:
Glazing beautifully shadows the profiles and edges of the door.
Please note that pre-finish colors illustrated on computer screens may not exactly match the actual pre-finished colors of the doors. We assume no liability for such color discrepancies and encourage buyers to request color samples to ensure satisfaction.
Pre-finish colors illustrated on computer screens may not exactly match the actual pre-finished colors of the doors.