Order Terms & Conditions
* For delivery outside of Colorado, Flat Rate Shipping includes both freight and crating and the base rate is for 1-7 pre-hung doors (with jambs), or 1-14 slab only doors (with no jambs). Your order will ship via common carrier. Delivery will be street or driveway delivery and you must provide support for unloading at point of delivery. You must discard crating materials.
For delivery in Colorado, Flat Rate Shipping includes all doors ordered regardless of quantity, and no crating is needed. Delivery will be to garage or main (ground) level, completed by Sun Mountain personnel.
For Local Pickup in Colorado (free, no charge), doors must be picked up the factory location, 140 Commerce Drive, Berthoud, CO 80513. Call (888) 786-6861 or e-mail email@example.com to arrange pickup.
ORDER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Purchase of products on Alder-Doors.com constitutes a agreement between you and Sun Mountain, Inc. (owner of Alder-Doors.com). Terms & Conditions of this contract are provided in this document. Please review fully and carefully. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is required to purchase products on Alder-Doors.com, and must be indicated by clicking the “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions” box at the bottom of the Checkout page.
ORDER ACCURACY, CANCELLATIONS, CHANGES
By making a purchase on Alder-Doors.com, you hereby agree that you have verified product measurements and other specifications. Sun Mountain, Inc. will produce and supply quality material as specified on your order. Due to the “make-to-order” nature of the products supplied by Sun Mountain, Inc. (specifically factory pre-hanging and pre-finishing options to meet specific desires), Sun Mountain, Inc. may have no market for returned product or cancellations. Cancellations made within 24 hours of order will be honored with full refund. Sun Mountain will make every effort to accommodate cancellations made more than 24 hours after order for full refund, but such cancellations may result in the order being non-refundable. Any alterations or changes made within 24 hours of order will be accommodated without charge. Alterations or changes made more than 24 hours after order may result in additional charges (processed as a “change order”). Orders delivered and/or installed are non-returnable and non-refundable, except in the case of warranty coverage (see DOOR LIMITED WARRANTY).
Your order will ship to the shipping address you designate on the Checkout form, and will ship via Common Carrier (for outside of Colorado) or Company Truck (in Colorado). Delivery outside of Colorado will be street or driveway delivery and you must provide support for unloading at point of delivery, and you will need to discard crating material. Delivery in Colorado will be assisted by Sun Mountain, Inc. personnel.
You hereby agree to pay order balances in full at the time of purchase (including “Bill Me Later” terms, as applicable, when contacted by Sun Mountain, Inc. for payment), including applicable freight and sales taxes. For any uncollected payment balance, you agree to pay interest at the rate of 1.5% per month, and to pay all attorney’s fees, arbiter’s fees and collection costs incurred in collection of any uncollected balance. You submit to the jurisdiction of any court in Weld County, State of Colorado, and acknowledge that said courts are the appropriate venue to resolve any dispute arising hereunder, and further agree that the venue of such action may be changed from such County only upon the written agreement of Sun Mountain, Inc. You hereby further agree to accept service of process in such action by certified mail, return receipt requested, at the billing address provided on the Checkout form, and to acknowledge the receipt thereof in writing.
Sun Mountain, Inc. accepts the following credit and debit cards:
- American Express
- Diners Club
Sun Mountain, Inc. accepts the following alternative payment methods:
- Bill Me Later (Sun Mountain, Inc. will contact you to obtain an alternate payment method before your order is fulfilled)
- PayPal (also using your credit or debit card, but through a PayPal payment gateway)
You warrant that:
- You are 18 years of age or over
- You have the appropriate authority to validly accept the online payment Terms & Conditions, and are able to and will meet your obligations in relation to these Terms & Conditions
- The credit or debit card used, as applicable, in connection with your Alder-Doors.com order is issued in your name or you are authorized to use the credit or debit card
- The information supplied by you is true and correct
When you complete the Checkout form, including accepting these Terms & Conditions and clicking the “Place Order” button, the order total (including freight and sales taxes) will be charged to your credit card or deducted from your debit card, as applicable, in USD currency. All such payments are debited to Sun Mountain, Inc. Due to the way transactions are processed by the external banking sites, there may be a delay of up to 3 days in updating your payment in Sun Mountain, Inc.’s records.
Credit and debit card payments are secure:
- Credit and debit card payments will be processed directly by First Data Payeezy Gateway (Service Provider) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology
- Credit and debit card numbers are protected with a high level of encryption when transmitted over the Internet
- Sun Mountain, Inc. (or Alder-Doors.com) does not store in any way your credit or debit card details
- If the credit or debit card transaction is successful, you will receive a confirmation notice of your completed payment
- If unsuccessful, you will be advised that your payment was declined. Sun Mountain, Inc. will not be advised why a payment was declined; therefore, you should contact your credit or debit card provider for details
- If your payment is declined, Sun Mountain, Inc. will contact you to obtain another payment method to pay for your order. Please arrange an alternative payment method promptly to ensure completion of your order and continuous use of Sun Mountain, Inc. (and Alder-Doors.com) services and Internet resources
- Sun Mountain, Inc. (Alder-Doors.com) will confirm your payment details via email
Important security note: Never transmit credit or debit card information by e-mail.
By using Sun Mountain, Inc.’s Alder-Doors.com online payment facilities, you accept and consent to your personal data being provided to the Service Provider for sole purpose of offering and administering the online payment. We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our site. Sun Mountain, Inc. has security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
CLIMATE CONTROL AND FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS FOR WOOD STABILITY
Wood products will generally perform successfully when used in a proper temperature and climate-controlled environment. Alder-Doors.com product will be dried and acclimated for high altitude (as produced at our northern Colorado factory). Relative humidity inside the home should be maintained within a range of 30%-50%. Homes without proper temperature and climate control will likely experience problems with dimensional change of the wood. Care should especially be taken during site storage and installation.
If product is ordered unfinished (i.e., without a factory-applied finish), the product should be completely finished on all six sides within 14 days of delivery. Finishing the door will minimize and slow the absorption of moisture but will not eliminate it, so proper temperature and humidity levels are important throughout storage, installation and use. For Sun Mountain, Inc.’s Finishing and Care Instructions, click here.
ACCURACY OF SAMPLES, VARIATION IN WOOD COLOR AND KNOTS
Sun Mountain, Inc. does its best to be as accurate with our samples as possible. However, because wood is a natural product which grows beyond our control, samples may not necessarily reflect an exact representation of the final product. Knotty Alder wood may have color variations and inherit characteristics of the environment in which the original trees were grown, and which are out of our control. For example, grain variation, color contrast between heart and sapwood, and the quantity, size and type of knots are all common sources of variation. Wood finishes can also change slightly over time with exposure to light, and will also look different based upon the underlying (substrate) wood color. For these reasons, factory-applied wood finishes on samples may vary slightly from those on the final product, and such minor differences are not considered defects.
Sun Mountain, Inc. does not grade for color in our Knotty Alder wood products. The wood color of your final product may vary slightly from reddish-brown to light tan or honey. Color variations should be expected and are not considered defects.
Because wood is a natural product, Sun Mountain, Inc. cannot control the size, quantity, location or look of knots in Knotty Alder wood. Open, star, and split knots are common. Knots which show light through the product (or which show the underlying engineered core material) will be filled. Knots which do not show light or core through the product and are not filled, should be expected, and are not considered defects.
Regardless of appearance, we warrant that all of our products will be safe, dry and structurally sound.
DOOR LIMITED WARRANTY
Sun Mountain, Inc. doors are warranted to be of sound material and workmanship and to be free of defects which would cause the door to be unfit for ordinary recommended use for the period of twelve (12) months from the date of shipment. In addition, interior doors which have been pre-finished by Sun Mountain, Inc. are warranted for an additional four (4) years. This extended warranty applies only to the construction of the door, and not the factory pre-finish itself. See Sun Mountain, Inc.’s “Finishing and Care Instructions” for details on finish maintenance.
If a defect occurs within one year from the date of shipment, written notice of the defect must be provided to Sun Mountain, Inc. Buyer shall not return any goods until Sun Mountain, Inc. has been provided a reasonable opportunity to inspect the goods at Buyer’s premises to determine whether a defect exists. Sun Mountain, Inc. will not be liable for any doors repaired, returned, or replaced without prior written consent. If warranted doors contain defects covered under this limited warranty, Sun Mountain, Inc. shall be limited to, at Sun Mountain, Inc.’s option, 1) repairing or replacing the doors, or 2) refunding the purchase price of the doors to Buyer. Doors will be repaired or replaced in the same stage of fitting and/or finishing as they were originally supplied. Sun Mountain, Inc. will not pay any cost to remove defective doors or to install new doors, and will not be responsible for any finishing costs or consequential damages. Final warranty inspection will be made at Sun Mountain, Inc.’s location, upon receipt of defective product. If the claim is found by Sun Mountain, Inc., in its sole discretion, to be invalid, neither repair/replacement nor refund will be issued.
This limited warranty does NOT apply to any of the following:
- Doors more than 8′ tall or 3’6″ wide
- Lited doors or one-panel wood doors over 6’8″ tall or 3’ wide
- Doors that have warp which does NOT exceed 1/4″ in the plane of the door (see below)
- Doors less than 1-3/4″ thick for exterior use
- Doors which have not been properly sealed on all six sides within 14 days of delivery, including the top and bottom edges of the door
- Damage caused by failure to comply with Sun Mountain, Inc.’s “Finishing and Care Instructions”
- Damage due to improper or incorrect installation
- Exterior doors used in a commercial application
- Damage caused by others or by any cause beyond the control of Sun Mountain, Inc., including but not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling or by fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado or other acts of nature
- Misuse of a door, including but not limited to, using a door in an exterior application without adequate overhang, or with an inappropriate exterior finish color (Note: Adequate overhang depends on the typical weather conditions of the site where the building is located, but generally means an overhang projecting a distance away from the door at least equal to one-half the elevation difference between the bottom of the door and the base of the overhang structure. In order to reduce the chance of warping or checking, dark-colored finishes should be avoided on all exterior surfaces, especially if the door is exposed to direct sunlight)
- Discoloration or rusting of decorative metal accents (clavos, grills, strap hinges, etc.)
- Damage due to trimming the door more than 1/2″ from the top or 1-1/2″ from the bottom of the slab
- Panel movement or shrinkage (Note: Panels in Sun Mountain, Inc. doors are designed to “float”, and will expand or contract in response to environmental conditions)
- Expansion or contraction due to varying environmental conditions, such as temperature and humidity
- Gates, or doors used in gate applications
- The appearance of any field finished door
In addition, the following natural properties and characteristics add to the beauty of wood doors and are not considered defects:
- On all knotty wood species, knots which show light through the door will be filled and knots which do not show light through the door and are not filled should be expected and are not considered defects (Note: On knotty wood species, the location, quantity, and size of knots is unpredictable)
- On all wood species, natural variations in the color, texture, and density of the wood is common and always acceptable
- On wire brushed doors, an inconsistent face plane where stiles or mullions meet rails is acceptable to a depth change of 1/16″, and an apparent open connection between stiles and rails is acceptable to a width of 1/32″
- On cedar doors, surface checks of up to 1/32″ in width are acceptable and do not compromise the structural integrity of the door
For the purposes of this warranty, warp is defined as any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung. The term “warp” includes bow, cup and twist. In measuring the amount of warp in a door, the following method shall be used: Bow, cup, and twist shall be measured by placing a 7′ straightedge on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle with the door in its installed position. The measurement of warp shall be made at the point of maximum distance between the bottom of the straightedge and the face of the door.
If the claimed defect is warp, Sun Mountain, Inc. may defer replacing or refunding the door for a period of up to twelve (12) months from the date of claim or date of installation, in order to permit conditioning and equalizing to humidity and temperature conditions. The deferral period will not be counted against the one-year warranty period.
CHANGES TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions are subject to change at any time. Each order shall be subject to the specific Terms & Conditions that were in place at the time of the order. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (888) 786-6861.
Last Modified: April 18, 2018